Saturday 3 November 2012

This Week...

Hello!

So, here's a round up of this week's TV, Movies and Books.

Books

Read:

Emerald by Karen Wallace (5/10)
Witch and Wizard by James Patterson (see review)
The Swish of the Curtain by Pamela Brown (9/10, will review soon ☺)
Arabesque by Colin Mulhern (6/10)

I started a book called Troubador by Mary Hoffman, and although I've read and loved some of her books before, I just found it really dull, so I gave up...maybe I should have stuck with it, but for the first 4 or 5 chapters, I was just pretty bored...(4/10)

To Read:

I'm going to re-read Pride and Prejudice so I can read the sequel, written by Joan Aiken, called Lady Catherine's Necklace. I loved the Wolves Chronicles (home of 'The Wolves of Willoughby Chase'), and a quote from The Times on the back cover of Lady Catherine's Necklace is 'Romantics could do nothing better than to read her' so I should enjoy it!

Also on my Library Ticket this week are:

Hitler's Angel by William Osborne
A Pocketful of Eyes by Lili Wilkinson
Sister, Missing by Sophie McKenzie
The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

and finally

The Truth about Celia Frost by Paula Rawsthorne

I've read 'Celia Frost' before, but I'm re-reading. It was so good last time, so I'll try to review it...if I get around to it!

TV

Essential Viewing for the Past Week (Watch it on Iplayer if you missed it!):

Sunday 28th October

Downton Abbey ~ 2nd to last episode - not to be missed!

Friday 2nd November

Island Hospital ~ Just because I follow it...and love the idea of living on an Island!

What I'll be watching this weekend:

Tonight:

Strictly Come Dancing ~ I know it's not the X-Factor but something about dancing around in pretty sequined dresses and heels appeals to me...hmm...

Merlin ~ Episode 5 of Series 5  - How do you think it is going so far? Arthur and Gwen...ahhh...It must be love, love, love...

Sunday:

The Final Episode of Downton! How will I live without it??????

Movies

Well, the only ones I've seen this week on TV are Inkheart, the 2008 movie and The Railway Children (The version with Bernard Cribbins, which IMHO is the only real version...just my view ☺...he was in Dr Who!!!)

I would probably recommend seeing The Railway Children if you want a feel-good drama, with all the technology and charm of the 1970s ☺

Or if you are looking for an action-packed edge-of-your-seat affair, choose Inkheart. It does feel slightly cliched though...


That's about it for now, so I'll see you when I see you!

Have a great weekend - who's watching fireworks this weekend?

ME!!

Keep warm and safe (I know I sound like a public safety video...but hey...☺)

Bye!

Dayzee x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!