Saturday 3 November 2012

Book Review - Sister, Missing by Sophie McKenzie

Hello!

I know...my second post of the day? Am I overdoing it?



Anyway. I've literally this minute finished reading Sister, Missing by Sophie McKenzie. And I only got it this mornng. I am way too eager.

Sister, Missing is the second book in Sophie McKenzie's series about adopted girl Lauren and her search for her biological parents.

This book begins two years after the events of Girl, Missing.

Sam, Lauren's birth father had died 9 months previously, and Lauren's birth mother has a new boyfriend. Lauren, her birth sisters Madison and Shelby and her birth mother are on holiday when Madison is kidnapped in similar circumstances to those in which Lauren had been kidnapped more than 14 years previously.

The book charts the events leading up to Madison's rescue, and includes some shocking revelations, and another tragedy. (I will say no more about that...☺)

I found this book every bit as good as Girl, Missing, in fact it may even be better. I could not put this book down, even though I am now REALLY thrsty...

With snappy dialogue, a racing plotline and fantastic characterisation, this is really a must-read!

However...

(here comes the critique ☺)

I did find Lauren very moody, and although, yes, I can totally understand that Shelby's attiude would annoy anyone, I thought the patronising, the catty remarks, the spite could all have stopped pretty early in the book. I mean hello? Your sister has been kidnapped!! Enough with the sibling rivalry!

Also I thought (me being the romantic) there could have been more 'Jem and Lauren' moments in the book, but I guess it was meant as more an action/adventure book than a romance. Just my preference ☺.

I would give this book 8/10, and I really recommend you read it!

Bye (I really think it is Byee this time, although I'm off to start Hitler's Angel, so who knows what will happen when I finish it... ☺)

Dayzee x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello reader!

Hope you've enjoyed the post/page!

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!